We were lucky enough to get to pat Lex the Police Dog.
Smiling mind is a useful meditation app for young people. We have been using Smiling Mind within the classroom this term. The meditations help students to relax, feel calm and happy. We often talk about how we are feeling before and after a meditation. To download the app, search for Smiling Mind on the iTunes Store and download. The app is free and offers meditations for different ages.
The week beginning the 22nd of August we will be learning:
- Correct formation of the letter Ww
- The sound for letter Ww – We are Walking W w w
- Revise the sounds for all of the letters learnt so far s, m, r, t, f, c, a, l, h, b, d, e, n, p, g, o, i, j, k, q, u, v
- Reading – sentences and words
- Rhyming – words that rhyme with ‘en’
- Café strategy – Back up and re-read (comprehension)
- Story writing – recording beginning sounds and words, writing from left to right, capital letters and full stops
- Maths – counting forwards and backwards, numbers beyond 10, before and after, shapes, colours, more and less, counting again
- Integrated – Finding out: Police Officer
This week we learnt about the letter Jj. We wrote stories about jellyfish. We LOVED watching this video and pretending to be jellyfish!
As a class we created a wonder wall about weather. We wanted to know why leaves fall from the trees in Autumn!